- The nursery opens at 7.30am and closes at 5.45pm. Children attend on a part-time or full-time basis. All children are encouraged to operate independently and freely, choosing what they want to do throughout the day.
- At 9.00am the children are separated into their groups. Children aged 2-5 years old enjoy lots of free play and focused activities.
- Snack is served mid-morning and the children are encouraged to pour drinks and to hand out snacks. Snacks and meals are always healthy and nutritious. They are often made with lots of involvement from our nursery children.
- Between 11.30am and 12.00pm children sit together where discussion takes place about the day, month, weather and any news and stories the children may wish to tell. Stories singing, dancing, ring games, listening to rhymes and musical instruments, both traditional and from other countries follow, so that children can develop Communication, Language and Literacy skills.
- Dinner is served at 12 noon. This helps the children to develop healthy practices and independence.
- The afternoon session follows the same routine as the morning session.
SmartyPants Day Nursery and Out of School Club
35 - 37 Romney Street,
Nelson, Lancashire, BB9 0DD
Telephone 01282 616735